Please fill out our application form to be considered for the opportunity of Wine Steward. We are currently looking for support in our Peoria Tasting Room!
Tasting Room Staff / Wine Server
We are looking for an awesome team member to join our exceptional team in Peoria! Is that you?
This position is responsible for ensuring that customers have a positive and exceptional experience at Winery 101. The candidate must have a passion for learning the details of the wines we produce, a sense of humor, integrity and willingness to learn our general operations.
- Greeting customers promptly and courteously
- Guiding customers to wines they enjoy
- Setting up and cleaning up daily operations and special events
- Stocking wine and retail merchandise in the tasting room
- Accurately performing daily wine inventory on daily sheet and money handling procedures.
- Promotes the sale of wine and non-wine products sold in the tasting room, including visiting our other locations and our wine club.
- Describes wines, wine-making techniques, winery history and provides general tourist information.
- Candidate must possess an Arizona bartender’s permit or be able to get one upon hire.
Job Description Details:
- Excellent people skills; able to project a friendly and helpful manner at all times
- Able to perform quality work efficiently with minimal supervision
- Able to be responsive and flexible at last minute requests
- Greets all visitors to the winery and pours wines for tasting
- Effectively suggests and sell our wine to customers
- Assists customers with transporting wine to their vehicles if necessary
- Describes wines and winery history/culture to customers
- Answers visitor's questions and able to provide general tourist information
- Open to working on site special events after hours if needed
- Open to working other special events off property when needed
- Handles routine purchasing transactions, which include operating cash register
- Acquires and maintains thorough knowledge of winery and our wines
- Work in a team environment and open to performing other duties as assigned
- This position reports directly to the Tasting Room Manager.
- May be assigned other tasks or be asked to participate in other activities both on site and off site as needed.
- Able to work a flexible schedule (Tues, Wed, Friday, Saturday and Special Events)
- High school diploma or equivalent and/or qualified experience required
- Retail experience is a plus
- Professional appearance and demeanor
- Able to lift up to 40 pounds
- Must be able to stand, walk, lift and bend for up to 8 hours a day
- Arizona Food Handler's Certification
- Title 4 Alcohol Service Certification
- Pre-employment drug screening required
$12.00-$13.00* per hour depending on current licensing and experience.
*This hourly does not include your take home cash tips received nightly and credit card tips received bi-weekly with payroll. (average $25-$30 per hour)
- Bonus pay for club member sign ups
- 8 hour shifts ( Tues, Wed, Friday & Saturday)
- Holidays (Thanksgiving,Christmas and NYE are paid holidays)
- Weekend availability
- evenings/nights required
We can't wait to hear from you, you wonderful human!
Apply below, show us your greatness and we will reach back out to chat.